My Photo

An obsession, have to have it, definitely want to live there! A gal who spends way too many lunch hours at Anthropologie--browsing, making my wish list, inspired, charmed, teased, of course I have to leave with something.. anything! Ahhh..now I can go back to work, I've had my fix.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Jersey, United States

Hi, I'm Jennifer Fuchs.I love HOME design and creating new things out of the ordinary!!! I love painting, drawing, making Vines and all things handmade! Love fashion, shopping and blogging! I blog about what's new with Pinkybrown and to bookmark beautiful things that inspire me! Email me: Pinkybrown2005(AT)gmail.com

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

News: Terrain

From Retailwire.com
"Urban Outfitters Inc. last week announced plans to buy J. Franklin Styer Nurseries Inc., a well-known operator of garden centers in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. The acquisition will drive the launch of the company’s newest green concept, Terrain.
The goal of Terrain is “to transform the local garden center into an experience that celebrates the beauty and abundance of nature while offering an eclectic mix of garden-inspired products tailored for the contemporary customer,” according to a company press release.
What makes the purchase interesting is not only Urban’s launching of a new concept, but its decision to expand beyond retail into a service business. Besides selling mulch, silk orchids, garden books and tools in a comfortable atmosphere that includes a leather sofa and a coffee bar serving upscale La Colombe coffee, Terrain will offer landscape design and construction"

13 Comments:

Blogger Chelsea said...

This is a really odd announcement! I can on one level see it: nothing like a gardening center that shows you how dirt can fit into your decor, but on the other hand, it's not snazzy (or high margin) enough for me to think it will be successful. Wonder how it will play out?!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we've been hearing about this for awhile and they havent really told us anything about it... maybe people at home office know more?? But as soon as it opens i'm going to go and visit and hopefully my discount works on that coffee lol.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard about terrain - i think it sounds very cool - can't wait to see what they come up with...

2:40 PM  
Blogger Doxie said...

Hmmmm. What makes a clothing/indoor lifestyle retailer think they know anything about gardening? I love what you currently do in your stores I just have a hard time seeing the connection to the gardening industry! I hope you staff your store with passionate and knowledgeable horticulturists. Embrase the passion and you'll be successful.

11:51 PM  
Blogger acadia2431 said...

What took them so long? The outdoor living/entertaining market is hot, hot, hot. Their display w/ Styers at the Philly Flower Show was adorable. It will be great to see what accessories and furnishings they come up with. Homes and clothes are nice, but a garden is magic.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Terrain is open. I'm ging to go down there over the weekend to check it out.

Karen

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is now open! I just posted some photos on my blog www.lauranovak.net

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for that exact make. The prices for the sneakers are about 200 bucks everwhere. But definitively I base this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what is your opinion?

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that meticulous make. The prices seeking the sneakers are approximately 310 pounds on every site. But completely I base this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what can you say about it?

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good day ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that exact brand. The prices for the shoes were all over 230 pounds on every page. But for all I bring about this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what is your opinion?

12:27 AM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors handbags
ugg boots
mont blanc outlet
nike shoes
pandora outlet
giants jersey
jordan 8
baltimore ravens jerseys
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet

9:53 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

off white hoodie
lebron 16
hermes online
off white
jordans shoes
off white outlet
kyrie shoes
kyrie 6
golden goose outlet
kobe byrant shoes

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home