My Photo

An obsession, have to have it, definitely want to live there! A gal who spends way too many lunch hours at Anthropologie--browsing, making my wish list, inspired, charmed, teased, of course I have to leave with something.. anything! Ahhh..now I can go back to work, I've had my fix.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Jersey, United States

Hi, I'm Jennifer Fuchs.I love HOME design and creating new things out of the ordinary!!! I love painting, drawing, making Vines and all things handmade! Love fashion, shopping and blogging! I blog about what's new with Pinkybrown and to bookmark beautiful things that inspire me! Email me: Pinkybrown2005(AT)gmail.com

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

In the news: ART

As read here...........
ART OF SOME IMPORT Those who spent the past weekend in Miami squandering their sobriety and inhibitions but somehow failing to return home with an under-the-radar piece of art, don't fret: A gorgeous original work can still be yours, thanks to Anthropologie's new initiative, "It's Beautiful Here." The store's buyers traveled throughout South Africa for a year and returned home with handcrafted furniture, ceramics, and sculpture from local artists, currently on display in a gallery within the New York flagship. The items range from the socially conscious (Magpie studio's stunning chandelier made of found objects, including hundreds of bottle caps) to the sentimental (Louise Gelderblom's ceramic plate that serve as a "travel journal"). Artist Heath Nash also created the exhibit's namesake work, a wire text piece from a series called "Other People's Rubbish." Anthropologie will sell a limited number of the pieces in the coming weeks and will continue to work long-term with the South African art community to bring unique works to the States. The display will be open to the public through February 7. to see more."It's Beautiful Here," through February 7 at Anthropologie, 50 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY, 212-246-0386

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home