My Photo

An obsession, have to have it, definitely want to live there! A gal who spends way too many lunch hours at Anthropologie--browsing, making my wish list, inspired, charmed, teased, of course I have to leave with something.. anything! Ahhh..now I can go back to work, I've had my fix.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Jersey, United States

Hi, I'm Jennifer Fuchs.I love HOME design and creating new things out of the ordinary!!! I love painting, drawing, making Vines and all things handmade! Love fashion, shopping and blogging! I blog about what's new with Pinkybrown and to bookmark beautiful things that inspire me! Email me: Pinkybrown2005(AT)gmail.com

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Anthropologie mentions

Here's an excerpt from an article on greenbeam.com called 'Lessons from the Big Apple-Retailers of all types incorporate emotions, sensory stimulation.'

'The New York answer to that was a very inspiring store called Anthropologie (www.anthropologie.com), filled with clothing, home accents, soft goods, books and so on. Depending on the category, they had the ability to change the mood and style within a few feet with lighting, flooring and props, from exquisite chandeliers to old tin roofing. Using expensive armoires and cheap fruit crates, this store showed how to lead customers from interest to interest, from excitement to excitement and from impulse to impulse -- all with different presentations and in one large, old, dark building.
The Anthropologie store was a corporate approach to the type of impulse and fun that small businesses like garden centers are supposed to be better at. We are supposed to be quicker than corporate environments to react to changing tastes and lead from the front. As we saw in Manhattan, corporate America is doing a lot of the leading.'


Here's a great article by Maureen Dowd (NY Times). The article is called 'Where is the new woman now?' It's actually an extremely small mention of Anthropologie, BUT its worthy of your time.
You can read it on the International Herald Tribune in the culture section. The essay was adapted from Dowd's new book 'Are Men Necessary: When sexes Collide'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home