My Photo

An obsession, have to have it, definitely want to live there! A gal who spends way too many lunch hours at Anthropologie--browsing, making my wish list, inspired, charmed, teased, of course I have to leave with something.. anything! Ahhh..now I can go back to work, I've had my fix.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Jersey, United States

Hi, I'm Jennifer Fuchs.I love HOME design and creating new things out of the ordinary!!! I love painting, drawing, making Vines and all things handmade! Love fashion, shopping and blogging! I blog about what's new with Pinkybrown and to bookmark beautiful things that inspire me! Email me: Pinkybrown2005(AT)gmail.com

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Diabolic Anthropologic Duo


'The other day, antique light bulbs were piled attractively on an old wooden table with sturdy blue legs. A giant wooden sphere, gleaming and beautiful with no discernable purpose, sat in the home section with a fat “sold” ticket on it. A giant antique canopy bed was nestled into a corner. “I thought Helena Christensen wanted that one,” said Mr. Senk, referring to the former supermodel (actresses Ashley Judd and Susan Sarandon are also fans of the store). French chalk in vintage red boxes was piled in a bookcase below books with handsome cracked bindings; when the French factory that produced it was closing, Mr. Johnson ordered 15,000 boxes. “When it’s gone, it’s gone,” said Mr. Johnson, the visionary of the company’s “look,” who travels the world for inspiration. “There are certain things that shouldn’t be reproduced, you know?” '
excerpt from the Diabolic Anthropologic Duo by Sara Vilkomerson (New York Observer). August 23, 2006


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home